THE SUMMERNATS TICKETING TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2020
WHO YOU ARE BUYING FROM
Tickets to the Summernats Car Festival ("Event") are sold by Summernats Pty Ltd (48 139 042 961) ("Organiser", "We" "Us" or "Our").
The purchase of tickets to the Event constitutes a binding contract between the Organiser, the ticket buyer and, in the event that tickets are purchased on another person's behalf, the other person or persons entitled to these tickets ("Ticket Buyer", "You" or "Your").
Tickets are sold subject to the following terms and conditions which form part of the contract between the Organiser and the Ticket Buyer.
SUMMERNATS IS A SAFE PLACE
* I agree that the verbal or physical harassment, in any way, at Summernats is unacceptable. If I engage in such behaviour, I will be ejected from the Summernats.
SUMMERNATS CAR FESTIVAL TERMS
1. All tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable except in accordance with the applicable laws in the region of purchase. Includes any charitable donation.
2. Event organisers reserve the right to withdraw, reschedule or substitute features and may vary advertised programs, prices and venues.
3. Age of child is determined at the date of the event not at the purchase date.
4. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
5. Anyone aged 16 and under planning to camp, must be accompanied by a responsible camping adult at all times.
6. No alcohol, illicit drugs glass, animals, fireworks, weapons, pools and spas, drones, motorcycles, motorised scooters or eskies, skateboards or any unauthorised vehicles are to be brought into the event site.
7. Still cameras (not professional) are permitted but images may only be used for private purposes and not public display. Patrons offer consent to be included in film and sound recordings of the event and for these recordings to be used by the event organiser.
8. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased through an authorised point of sale. Ticket to be exchanged for event wristband at event ticket box to gain entry and re-entry. Broken wristbands will not be honoured or replaced.
9. All bookings and ticket purchases are non-transferable and may not be sold or transferred by you.
10. The right is reserved to charge a fee for the replacement of tickets.
11. The right of admission is reserved and is subject to the event organiser and the venues terms of admission.
12. It is a condition of entry that you submit to a search of person or possessions on entry to the venue if we decide to take such action.
13. You will be liable for any loss or damage caused at the event by you or your invitees.
14. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the event for any reason.
15. You must ensure that you and your invitees act in an orderly manner when attending the event. We may refuse entry or evict you or any of your invitees if they are behaving in a disorderly, offensive or inappropriate manner.
16. There will be no refund on any unused portion of tickets if you or your invitees are asked or forced to leave or if you decide not to attend any part of the Event.
17. Summernats Pty Ltd cares for the environment and community. Please be respectful and place any litter in the bins provided around the venue.
BY ENTERING EXHIBITION PARK IN CANBERRA AND SPECTATING, PARTICIPATING IN OR OTHERWISE ATTENDING SUMMERNATS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT:
18. THE SUMMERNATS IS A DANGEROUS RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY;
19. THERE IS A RISK TO YOU OF INJURY, SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH IN RESPECT OF THE DANGEROUS RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY, ALONG WITH THE LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY ("THE RISK");
20. YOU HAVE ACTED VOLUNTARILY WITH FULL APPRECIATION OF THE RISK;
21. BY YOUR VOLUNTARY ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK, SUMMERNATS PTY LTD (ACN: 139 042 961) WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH, OR LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPECTATING, PARTICIPATION OR IN OTHERWISE ATTENDING SUMMERNATS;
22. THIS DISCLAIMER CONSTITUTES A RISK WARNING OF THE RISK; AND
23. AS YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN A RISK WARNING, SUMMERNATS PTY LTD DOES NOT OWE YOU A DUTY OF CARE TO TAKE CARE IN RESPECT OF THE RISK
USE OF THIS WEBSITE
Use of this site is restricted to personal use and reference only.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
24. All Prices quoted are in Australian Dollars and include local taxes (GST).
25. Online sales will cease when the allocation of tickets is sold, at a time otherwise specified by Presenter or usually 2 hours before doors open for the event.
26. Both Oztix and the Presenter reserve the right not to sell tickets to any person, agent or company.
27. Barcoded Tickets will be delivered to you via email on the 1st of March 2019. Any tickets purchased after this date will be received immediately via email.
28. Tickets may not, without the prior consent of the Presenter, be resold or offered for resale at a premium over the face value of the ticket (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promoting or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services either by the original purchaser or any subsequent ticket holder.
29. Notwithstanding these terms and conditions, if you use a "disposable" or "temporary" credit card (such as those purchased over the counter at supermarkets) for your online purchase we are not able to make any refund to you unless a) You can provide full details of the credit card; b) The credit card remains valid; and c) You can produce the online purchase receipt.
Note: your Credit Card statement will itemise a purchase as a charge from "Summernats Pty Ltd".
FAILURE TO COLLECT TICKETS / DELIVERY FULFILMENT
30. We fulfil our commitment to you for the sale of tickets by emailing the ticket to you, or by making the ticket available at the door or Box Office for you to collect.
31. If you have not received your ticket(s) within 48 hours of the event, please contact Oztix.
PAY OVER TIME PAYMENT OPTION
32. In some circumstances you may be able to pay for your ticket over time, in instalments. If both parties agree to this payment option, you agree that we can charge your credit card a deposit, a booking fee (if any) and the number of specified instalments prior to sending you a confirmed ticket.
33. You agree that you only have a reservation for a ticket and are not entitled to a ticket to the relevant event until full payment of the ticket and associated fees is made.
34. If your credit card details change prior to your payment of any instalment, you agree to contact us to update your credit card details.
35. You agree that if, for any reason, we are not able to process any of the instalments on their due date, your reservation for the ticket will be cancelled and your deposit and any booking fee paid forfeited by you.
36. We agree to repay any instalment (other than the deposit and any booking fee) you have paid to Us to the credit card you specified at the time of selecting the pay over time option, provided that credit card remains valid.
37. In order to facilitate all possible variations of ticket purchases we will require to tokenise your order (Tokenization is the process used to collect sensitive card or bank account details, or personally identifiable information (PII), directly from customers in a secure manner.) If you choose a pay over time option for your Summernats tickets, your payment will go through a secure third party payment gateway for the purchase. In order to ensure ease of subsequent payments with this option, Oztix will retain token details (not credit card details or information) to re-contact the third party for the future payments to complete your order. No credit card details or information is stored by Oztix in accordance with the Privacy Act.
38. Oztix may offer a ticket resale facility for a specific event. This will allow you to offer for sale your unwanted tickets or to buy unwanted tickets from other customers for such a specific event. Oztix reserves the right to charge a resale fee for facilitating such a sale.
39. Oztix will use its best endeavours to verify the validity of each ticket offered for sale but Oztix makes no guarantee that all tickets offered on the Oztix resale facility are valid. We advise you that as a buyer you should be aware of the risks. If your tickets purchased from the resale facility prove to be invalid Oztix's liability is limited to refunding you the resale facility charge.
40. The Event (and variations) is a registered trademark and protected by law. The name, logo, images, tickets or other works associated with the Event cannot be used in any way (including promotions, advertising and ticket giveaways or in any way to enhance the demand for other goods or services) unless authorised by the Organiser.
DISCLAIMERS & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
41. The Organiser does not accept any liability for any acts, omissions or default of any third parties connected with the Event or any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay or additional expenses which are suffered by the Ticket Buyer in connection with this Event. These Terms & Conditions do not purport to exclude any laws any express or implied condition or warranty which cannot be excluded or modified, that condition or warranty.
42. Notwithstanding anything else contained herein, the Organiser's liability for any breach of such condition or warranty will be limited, at its sole discretion, to the resupply of the services or the cost of having the services supplied again. In no event will the Organiser be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or special damages.
43. Admission is at your own risk. You acknowledge that neither we nor the venue will be responsible for any loss or damage to property, including personal property brought to or purchased at the Event by You or Your invitees.
44. You agree that attendance at the Event has inherent dangers and risks including a risk of serious injury or even death. You hereby release and hold the Organiser, its Directors, employees, contractors, agent and affiliates from any and all liability with respect to the Event.
45. The Organiser may collect and hold your personal information including your name, address, payment details, telephone number and the names of all ticket purchases. Any personal information collected by the Organiser shall be handled in accordance with the Privacy Act.
47. If you are concerned about using your credit card online please contact us for assistance.
48. If you deny or dispute a charge on your credit card made by us, please contact us immediately. We consider credit card fraud to be a serious offence and we aim to prosecute each case to the fullest extent possible.
AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW
49. Our goods and services come with consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. Those consumer guarantees apply in addition to any other express warranties which we provide under this Agreement. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
50. This agreement is governed by the laws of Canberra, Australia.
51. If you are in breach of any of these Terms & Conditions the Organiser may evict you from the Event without refund.
52. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Terms & Conditions at any time and it is your responsibility to check this page for any updates posted.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU HAVE AN INQUIRY OR COMPLAINT?
53. For inquiries or complaints regarding the sale and delivery of tickets please contact us by email at email@example.com or telephone 1300 762 545.
54. For inquiries or complaints regarding the staff and / or amenities at a venue or event, please contact the venue management.
55. For inquiries or complaints regarding the artist's performance, sound or lighting or production quality, please contact the Presenter.